Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm still here...

IIIIIIII'mmm Baaaaaaack!!! I've been a little..... um... under the weather lately. Between baby goats and flu, I haven't felt much like posting. There aren't many spare minutes in my life, but if there were any the last few days, they were spent longing for a NAP! That didn't happen though, because every time I would doze off, I would wake up..... BECAUSE I COULD NOT BREATHE! Enough about that.

How have you done with smaller portions, journaling, overcoming fears, and that promised daily walk? I did OK (except the walk, which my husband informed me probably would have made me feel better had I taken the walk, as the additional oxygen would have helped to heal, soooo I'm outside today!) with most of it. It's a work in progress and one that I intend to conquer. I feel like if I'm doing all that I can do, then I can't do anymore and the rest I need to leave to the Lord. I'm really thinking that many of my issues are in my head... no derogatory comments about that. It's been a lot of years of subconsciously beating myself up and leaving scars of fear and hopelessness that have to be corrected. I'm afraid that can only be 'undone' by me and the Lord. I have to do my part, all of it, and then the Lord will make up for the rest... the part I cannot do alone. Huh, the Atonement is great in every corner of my life. I realize how much I need Him and cannot do this thing called life alone. I will do all I can do this week and then I'll turn the rest over to Him and thank Him for his love and caring for me (even if this seems like a little thing to some people the Lord knows it's important to me).

Good luck this week. Let's include the Lord in this, that way we won't fail... again. Remember, do ALL you can do and then let the Lord do His thing... all the rest.

See you next post! By the way, I'd love to post your thoughts. If you'll email me at cherylweathersby@gmail.com I'll try post what works for you. Sharing. It's part of ALL we can do.

3 comments:

ikathy said...

I think it's great that you are not giving up on being a fat loser. That's a good thing. Keep it up and never give up. I read something the other day that said you can't successfully achieve a goal without enthusiasm. So find that enthusiasm and march through the pot holes, so to speak!

Tara said...

I'm feeling very motivated lately. Wish you could come to aerobics on Tues and Thurs. Oh well. This week I'm going to add one more work out to my week. We'll see if I can make it happen. Go Tara Go! I just needed to cheer myself on a little bit there.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Okay, why did I not know that this blog even existed??? I saw that Kathy was a follower of it and I was like "hmm, whats that??" Anyway, I love reading your thoughts and insight about life. You are very wise Mom. I love you lots and am so grateful for your amazing example!