Monday, February 16, 2009

Just Do It.

I truly am disgusted!!

I lose.

I gain.

I LOSE.

I GAIN.

I LOSE.

I GAIN!

I LOSE.

I GAIN!!


By now I'm 25 lbs. heavier than I was to start!! I'm at a weight I never thought I'd be at... again! How does this happen when I have friends that can eat all they want and never gain a pound? Or the friend that's trying to GAIN weight... ya... we all hate them!

This blog is to help others, like myself that are trying to get to that perfect weight... AND STAY THERE!! Those who need support, encouragement, suggestions, recipes to share, someone to share accomplishments with, someone who doesn't charge me for all the above things!

Today's the day to start. Now is the time to start. If you're reading this while eating a cookie... go throw the rest of the cookie down the garbage disposal (notice I didn't say garbage, you might take it back out of the garbage.. yes it's a sickness).

Now... Let's get started. Here's how it works:

Let's face it... you can not eat everything you want to eat. I don't care what anyone else tells you. You can't. You have to eat portion control... yes, even the good food... yes, even salad. I know, everyone tells us we can 'have as much salad as we want'. Not true. I'm just being honest. Don't leave now, just because I've told you you can't have all the salad you want... hear me out. We are the way we are for a reason. Give this a try. Eat smaller portions... I don't really have to tell you the exact size... we all know... we just deny.

These are good foods on this plate... just too big of portions:

This is better:

Let's practice portion control. I know this is one I hate, but write down EVERYTHING you eat today. It can be a real eye-opener.

Also... then I'll quit for the day. Weigh yourself. Sometimes admitting that there is a problem is the first step.

We CAN do this. Forever. We need help and we have each other... we'll do it. We need to make some changes. Albert Einstein said the definition of 'Insanity' is: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Let's change the results this time by making some REAL changes, let's do it... sanely. No excuses. Let's take responsibility and make the changes we know we need to. Today.

See you tomorrow. Good luck.

PS don't forget to comment and sign in as a follower so we can help each other... I'm depending on your help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! (My favorite word.) I'm impressed Cheryl!! When you were talking about being frustrated with your weight gain (a week or so ago), I meant to tell you (or maybe I did tell you) that the ONE thing that has proven to work for people who have successfully lost weight and kept it off is DAILY JOURNALING OF FOOD INTAKE. So you are certainly on the right tract with this. I'm with you on this but I won't kid you--it is hard to keep a food journal every day of your life (which is what you need to do) but there are people who do it!!! I'm going to try it AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl- I can't get a comment to publish without doing it anonymously, so that was me, Kathy, and I'll work on fixing whatever I'm dong wrong to get it to publish my name!

ikathy said...

This is a test!

Carla said...

I am so in!! I have been feeling a lot the same way! thank you for starting this!